Thursday, April 24, 2008

Regret

Today's Derby winner of the day is Regret. She was the first of three fillies to win the Derby. She ran to victory in 1915.

Regret was a chestnut filly, owned and bred by Harry Payne Whitney and trained by James G. Rowe Sr.

Her jockey was Joe Notter.

At the end of her very successful season as a three-year-old, Regret earned the most prestigious award in racing, the Eclipse Award for Horse of the Year.

Regret's career as a racehorse consisted of 11 starts, with 9 wins, 1 place and 1 show.

Regret retired in 1917 to the Whitney Farm in Lexington, KY. She did not have a successful career as a brood mare. She died at the age of 22 in 1934, and is buried on the grounds of the Whitney Farm.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I think you are doing this to torture me, since I told you that i am not big into horses. . .

Malauna said...

Keep the winners coming! Perhaps we'll watch the race on TV this year.

marlene said...

I am a little smarter from your blog